Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I returned from Virginia last Thursday, Dec 20. I am so thankful I was able to meet the people I am about to head to the jungle with, but I am also extremely greatful to be home for now. Thank you so much for all your prayers as I spent my time training these past two months. I will leave for Peru on New Year's Eve with the rest of the new recruits for the Xtreme team, Katie, Nadia, Christy, Cody, Chris, Jeff, and Andy. Please keep us all in your prayers as we prepare to leave. We will begin our training as soon as we arrive, and will be pretty much out of contact for the next three months.
Please pray as we learn the language and memorize the Bible stories in spanish, that God would prepare our minds and allow it to come quickly, so that we might be more effective with the gospel. Please pray as well just simply for adjustment. More then this, continue to pray for the people of Peru that God would continuously reveal Himself to them and that they may be accepting of His word through us.
I pray you have all had a Merry Christmas, and are reminded of the gift we were given from our Father on this day when Christ took on the form of man to defeat death that we might have salvation. I pray you will all have a heart of thankfulness for your Father in Heaven and the many blessings He has given you! You are amazing, may He continue to bless you all!

1 comment:

Richard and Brenda Kowalske said...

Linzi, I am praying for you as you minister to the lost in Peru. It is exciting to read your blog and hear the passion you have for Christ. I pray that you never lose that, and that you get even closer and closer to Christ. I think we are never so close to Him as when we are ministering and reaching out to His lost sheep. Love and prayers
Brenda Kowalske